AquaStop™ CrawlSeal™ Crawl Space Vapor Barrier
The presence of moisture and humidity in crawl spaces can cause significant damage to your home and pose health risks. With Foundation Systems of Michigan’s reliable vapor barrier, safeguard your home against these threats. Our AquaStop™ CrawlSeal™ is a key element in our comprehensive crawl space encapsulation strategy.
As experts in crawl space encapsulation, we offer a robust barrier against moisture, helping to maintain your home’s health and durability.
Read further to discover the benefits of a dry and professionally safeguarded crawl space.
What is a Crawl Space Vapor Barrier?
A crawl space vapor barrier is a durable plastic sheet that covers crawl space walls and exposed floor.
This sheet plays a critical role in managing excess moisture, preventing water vapor from penetrating the crawl space. Vapor barriers are effective against moisture, mold, wood decay, and deter invasions by pests.
Foundation Systems of Michigan employs CrawlSeal™, a strong, layered sheet that expertly shields your home’s structure from the detrimental effects of moisture. This barrier keeps your crawl space secure and enhances your home’s overall health, providing a complete solution.
Signs You Need a Crawl Space Vapor Barrier
It’s essential to recognize when a crawl space vapor barrier is necessary. Indications include:
- Musty odors from the crawl space
- Elevated indoor humidity
- Condensation on pipes or ducts
- Unusually high energy costs
- Pest problems
- Wood deterioration or rot
- Sagging floors
- Moisture or wet insulation in the crawl space
These signs suggest excessive moisture and other issues, necessitating prompt attention to preserve a healthy and safe home. Early intervention is key, and professional crawl space experts should be consulted immediately upon noticing these signs.
Is a Crawl Space Vapor Barrier Necessary?
Yes, installing a vapor barrier is crucial if your crawl space shows moisture or humidity signs. Neglecting to add a vapor barrier permits moisture to enter your crawl space, leading to escalating repair costs.
Swift action with Foundation Systems of Michigan’s encapsulation solutions will defend your home and is an integral part of our comprehensive approach to home health.
We advise against DIY installations, as standard liners from retail outlets are insufficient and may lead to further damage and costly repairs. Additionally, crawl spaces may present health and safety hazards, making it safer and more effective to rely on skilled professionals with the appropriate tools, training, and safety equipment.
What Are the Benefits of a Crawl Space Vapor Barrier?
Implementing a vapor barrier to block moisture offers numerous advantages:
- Better Air Quality: Our CrawlSeal™ barrier limits moisture, mitigating mold and improving air quality in your home.
- Strengthened Structural Integrity: Keeping the crawl space dry helps preserve your home’s foundation and overall structure.
- Energy Efficiency: A dry crawl space improves insulation, enhancing energy efficiency and reducing utility bills.
- Pest Deterrence: A vapor barrier makes your crawl space less appealing to pests like termites, reducing their likelihood of entry.
Our exclusive CrawlSeal™ liner is designed to be resistant to tearing and antimicrobial. Combined with our encapsulation process, it ensures a clean, dry, and healthy crawl space over time.
How We Install a Crawl Space Vapor Barrier
Installing a vapor barrier is a key step in encapsulating a crawl space, but it’s not the only component. Our team follows these procedures:
- Conduct a thorough crawl space inspection.
- Seal any open crawl space vents.
- Update crawl space access doors as required.
- Install an interior drainage system.
- Position a sump pump at the lowest point.
- Lay drainage matting over the dirt floor.
- Fix insulation panels to the walls.
- Precisely install the CrawlSeal™ liner, covering walls and floor.
- Set up a dehumidifier in the crawl space.
- Arrange annual maintenance checks for lasting protection.
Rely on Foundation Systems of Michigan for a dependable installation that endures. Rest easy knowing your crawl space is in the hands of local experts.
Why Our Crawl Space Vapor Barrier is the Best Option for Your Home
Our CrawlSeal™ system excels over others, offering:
- Robust 120-mil thickness
- Antimicrobial features
- Resistance to mold, mildew, and punctures
- Tailored sizing for different surfaces
- A reflective white finish for a brighter space
- Long-lasting, transferable warranty
- Continuous protection with annual maintenance
Contact Foundation Systems of Michigan for Crawl Space Encapsulation Today!
Don’t let the adverse effects of a damp crawl space impact your home. Trust Foundation Systems of Michigan for a drier, healthier crawl space with our CrawlSeal™ vapor barrier. Our solutions effectively halt moisture issues at their source.
Homeowners across Michigan have relied on our innovative solutions for years. Let us assist you too. Reach out today to arrange a free inspection and take the first step towards a more secure home.
While maintenance is minimal, we offer yearly service plans to ensure the barrier’s peak performance. We check the crawl space and its current solutions, including the vapor barrier, to confirm ongoing protection. Reach out to us for more information and to schedule a free inspection.
The time required for installation varies based on crawl space size, existing damage, and necessary repairs. Our goal is to be efficient without compromising on quality. Typically, installations are completed within one to two days. Contact Foundation Systems of Michigan for a no-obligation free inspection, estimate, and accurate timeline.
Self-installing a vapor barrier is not recommended due to potential dangers, costs, and inefficiency. A professional installation guarantees correct fitting and sealing, along with a comprehensive inspection of your crawl space to address any other issues for optimal effectiveness and longevity. Contact Foundation Systems of Michigan for a free crawl space inspection and encapsulation quote.
Last Modified Date:
Explore more solutions
5985 Clay Avenue SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49548
32985 Schoolcraft Road
Livonia, MI 48150
2817 Bond St.
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
5555 Airport Hwy
Toledo, OH 43615
3805 Elmers Industrial Drive
Traverse City, MI 49685