You should be able to enjoy stable and secure floors in your home. But if you feel a springiness or bounce as you move across the room, it’s a signal that shouldn’t be ignored.
These symptoms often point to deeper, underlying structural issues that need prompt attention.
At Foundation Systems of Michigan, we specialize in addressing such problems head-on. Our crawl space repair solutions tackle the root problems of sagging floors, preventing further structural damage.
This comprehensive guide will walk you through bouncy floors, their causes, and how our tailored solutions can restore your floor’s integrity.
What Are Bouncy Floors?
Bouncy floors are more than just an inconvenience; they’re a sign that the floors’ support structures are failing. This is most common in homes with crawl spaces.
The signs of sagging, bouncy floors include:
- Furniture movement
- Tripping hazards
- Creaking or groaning noises
- Uneven floor surfaces
- Cracks in drywall
- Sticking doors and windows
These are not just annoyances but potential indicators of significant structural damage. Act fast by consulting with crawl space repair professionals like Foundation Systems of Michigan.
Why Your Home Has Bouncy Floors
Identifying the causes of bouncy floors is crucial for effective solutions.
These often include:
- Overextended Joists: Joists that are spaced too far apart or are longer than appropriate for their size can lead to excessive flexing.
- Insufficient Support: When support structures like posts or beams are improperly placed or have moved, they fail to provide the necessary stability, leading to bouncy floors.
- Compromised Joists: Factors such as moisture, decay, insect damage, or natural degradation can weaken wooden joists over time.
- Overbearing Loads: The added weight from heavy furniture or appliances can overload joists.
- Foundational Shifts: Changes in the foundation can put undue stress on support systems.
Typically, the repair of bouncy floors requires the crawl space supports to be repaired. Our professionals scrutinize these potential causes during their inspection of bouncy floors.
Can You Fix Bouncy Floors?
Yes, bouncy floors are able to be repaired.
It is vital, however, to approach this not with makeshift fixes but through comprehensive solutions. Off-the-shelf repairs and DIY attempts fail to tackle the core problem and may present installation hazards.
A proper repair means identifying and addressing the underlying reasons for the bounce. Foundation Systems of Michigan advocates for a whole-home method to ensure a durable solution.
Our team carries out detailed inspections to diagnose the reasons behind your floor’s instability. We design specialized strategies to support and even lift your floors back to their original state.
How to Fix Bouncy Floors
To effectively tackle sagging floors, we follow these detailed steps:
- Professional Crawl Space Inspection: Our experts begin with an inspection of your crawl space to unearth the primary issues causing the floors to sag.
- Identify Causes and Solutions: Following the inspection, we review the findings to identify the damage’s root causes accurately. This diagnosis informs our selection of the most fitting corrective measures.
- Strengthen Floors with SettleStop™ IntelliJack™ Crawl Space Jacks: A cornerstone of our approach is the installation of SettleStop™ IntelliJack™ Crawl Space Jacks. These robust supports are engineered to provide significant reinforcement to weakened floor joists.
- Tailoring to Crawl Space Dimensions: Recognizing that each crawl space is unique, we adjust the IntelliJack™ Crawl Space Jacks to match the specific heights needed for your crawl space.
- Precise Height Adjustment: Our technicians meticulously adjust the IntelliJack™ Crawl Space Jacks to the required height, providing the support necessary to stabilize and possibly realign your floors to their proper level.
Our exclusive IntelliJack™ system stands out for its impressive load-bearing capacity, boasting an impressive allowable load capacity of more than 24,000 lbs. per support jack.
Unlike the basic supports available at hardware stores, Foundation Systems of Michigan’s solutions target the heart of the sagging floor issue, not just the symptoms. Our comprehensive approach guarantees stability and a fortified foundation for enduring safety and satisfaction. Choose the premier solution from Foundation Systems of Michigan for your sagging floors.
Why Address Bouncy Floors Now
Ignoring bouncy floors can lead to greater risks over time. Addressing them promptly ensures:
- Safety: Eliminate tripping hazards and ensure a safer home.
- Prevention: Act early to avoid more serious and costly damage.
- Comfort: Enjoy a stable and quiet living environment.
- Property Value: Protect and potentially enhance the value of your home.
Our customized solutions are designed to confront the unique challenges of bouncy floors, assuring superior results for your home.
Contact Foundation Systems of Michigan for Reliable Crawl Space Repair Solutions
If bouncy floors are affecting your home, delay will only worsen the problem. Trust Foundation Systems of Michigan for effective resolution.
With our advanced diagnostics, custom solutions, and expert team, we’re ready to support and secure your floors. Contact us to schedule a free inspection and receive a no-obligation repair estimate. Rest easy knowing we’re with you every step of the way.
Structural repairs are complex and usually require professional handling to ensure safety and durability. Our team is equipped with the right tools and expertise for safe, effective repairs. Contact us for a free inspection and estimate.
Costs vary based on the damage’s extent, the repair area size, and the solution employed. We believe in transparent pricing, providing a free inspection, an obligation-free estimate, and various financing options.
The timeline can vary with the severity of the damage. Our experts work efficiently to minimize disruption and will provide a detailed timeframe after assessing your space at no cost.
Last Modified Date:
Explore more problem signs
5985 Clay Avenue SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49548
32985 Schoolcraft Road
Livonia, MI 48150
2817 Bond St.
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
5555 Airport Hwy
Toledo, OH 43615
3805 Elmers Industrial Drive
Traverse City, MI 49685