We previously covered the importance of gutters and how it protects your home. The primary purpose of rain gutters is to move water away from your home's foundation and basement. Water getting into your home's foundation could lead to a multitude of problems down the road. But just because you have gutters on your house, it doesn't mean you have nothing else to worry about.
Gutter maintenance is also vital to protecting your home. Clogged gutters can block water flow which can lead to flooding in your basement, or if it freezes up during the winter, it can require additional maintenance or even replacement. Which is why we recommend protecting your gutters from unpredictable weather patterns with gutter guards. Here are a few benefits to adding gutter guards:
- Save Time and Money. The main purpose of gutter guards is to prevent debris from gathering and clogging up your gutter system. With gutter guards installed, you won't need to spend the time maintaining your gutters or spending the money to hire a professional to clean them for you. And even if leaves and debris eventually accumulate, they're much easier to clean.
- Prevent Freezing and Water Damage. Water that collects in your gutters can freeze during the winter and create gutter dams. Ice can also damage your gutters because the weight can cause the frozen areas to pull the gutters completely away from your house. Gutter guards can prevent water build up, along with ice collecting in or around your gutters. It also prevents them from flowing down the sides of your home in warmer months or overflow, causing damage to your home's foundation.
- Adds More Years To Your Gutter System. Soggy leaves that collect in your gutters contribute to the corrosion and rust of your gutter system. Gutters can start to have algae and mold form in it when gutters start to overflow with leaves. Preventing leaves from accumulating on your roof can prevent the deterioration of the structural integrity of your roof, adding several years to the life of your gutter system.
- Avoid Pesky Visitors. One of the unseen benefits of gutter guards is that they help prevent rodents, insects, and other pests from taking up residence in your gutters. Gutter guards reduce the amount of nesting material or standing water in your gutters, which discourages vermin from making a home or breeding grounds on your rooftop.
- Protect Yourself. Gutter guards not only protect your home, but it protects you! Every homeowner knows that cleaning gutters could be a dangerous task, with an average of 136,000 ladder-related injuries a year. An effective gutter protection system, like our ProLoc™ gutter guards, can help eliminate gutter cleaning so you can keep your feet on the ground and your gutters clean.
If you want to save money over the long term, gutter guards are a worthwhile investment. They help protect your home from water damage to your foundation, corrosion, infestation, and even protect you.
If you're thinking about installing gutter guards, call us or request a free estimate to speak with our experts about getting your ProLoc™ Gutter Protection System installed today. We proudly serve Metro Detroit, Troy, Bloomfield Hills, Sterling Heights, Royal Oak, Clinton Township, Madison Heights, Flint, Livonia and the surrounding Southeast Michigan area.